The population of EAEU is 185+ mln. people
. Russia is a largest country of the Union.One third
of the population are females
between the ages of 20 and 60 y.o.
Since July 1, 2012, regulation on registration and circulation of cosmetic products have been changed considerably by the Technical Regulation of the Customs Union TR TS 009/2011 [in Russian]
"On safety of perfumery and cosmetic products".
Thus, the united market of the Customs Union were established.
It means that if your company registers a dietary supplement in Russia, it can also sell this product in Belarus (about 9.5 million people) and Kazakhstan (about 17.2 million people), i.e., on the market of more than 180 million people! In the coming years, the list of the Customs Union members is expected to be extended by candidate countries.
There are two types
of cosmetics' market authorization
: state registration and obligatory declaration. The choice between them depends on the type of product.The following types
of perfumery and cosmetic products are subject to the state registration
- Perfumery and cosmetic products for sunless tanning.
- Perfumery and cosmetic products for skin lightening (whitening).
- Permanent cosmetics.
- Intimate cosmetics.
- Perfumery and cosmetic products for individual skin protection from harmful workplace exposures.
- Children's cosmetics.
- Perfumery and cosmetic products for chemical hair dying, lightening and highlighting.
- Perfumery and cosmetic products for chemical hair waving and straightening.
- Perfumery and cosmetic products produced with nanomaterials.
- Perfumery and cosmetic products for hair removal.
- Exfoliating products.
- Fluoride-containing oral care products with a mass fraction of fluorides greater than 0.15% (0.05% for liquid oral care products).
- Teeth whitening products containing hydrogen peroxide or other components that produce hydrogen peroxide, including carbamide peroxide and zinc peroxide, with a concentration of hydrogen peroxide (as an ingredient or product) of 0.1% to 6.0%.
All other types of cosmetics must be authorized by the obligatory declaration procedure
Visit the Information Portal of the Union.